Photo by: Platings & Pairings Blog
Hansen's Sno-Bliz has been around since 1939, and it's the perfect summertime treat! If you ever find your way in New Orleans, this is a must-go-to spot! Choose from many of their flavors & toppings and enjoy the Louisiana sun and outdoors!
Photo by: Hansen's Sno-Bliz
Photo by: Louisiana Lemonade
Our Timescertification Insiders are also sharing how to beat the heat with their top 10 Sno-Ball stands in Timescertification, Click Here!
Living in Louisiana I have learned to appreciate a delicious Poboy! In Lafayette, the places to go are definitely Old Tyme Grocery for a classic Shrimp Poboy and Pop's Poboys! (Pictured Below: Hot Hot Chicken Po'boy with their signature Frozé). In Baton Rouge, you've got Dempsey's, Rocco's, and Poor Boy Lloyd's. We couldn't forget you guys up north, Marilynn's Place and Papa & Company in and around the Shreveport area! East of the Bossier/Shreveport area, we head out towards the Monroe area to scope out the best Poboys in town and found these local eateries, Sam's Southern Eatery & Magic Grill.
Photo by: blogger Just Simply Jessica
Some fun for the whole family is a trip to Landry-Poche Farms in Holden Louisiana. There you will be able to pick fresh delicious strawberries and once you bring them home you can make all sorts of strawberry filled treats. The kiddos will love to walk along the strawberry fields and enjoy the gorgeous Louisiana summertime!
Photo by: Landry Poche Farms
Upcoming Festivals & Concerts in June:
Photo by: Louisiana Peach Festival
- Creole Tomato Festival New Orleans (June 9th) 32nd Annual Creole Tomato Festival in the French Market District!
- Shania Twain, Smoothie Center New Orleans (June 10th)
- Maroon 5, Smoothie King Center New Orleans (June 14th)
The Louisiana Bicycle Festival Abita Springs - (June 16th) Annual Louisiana Bicycle Festival with food, music, bicycle rides, and more.
The 68th Annual Louisiana Peach Festival, Ruston Louisiana (June 22-23)- Have a peachy good time in Ruston LA celebrating the amazing Peach Festival!
- Gulf Coast Shrimp & Jazz Festival, Lake Charles (June 23rd)- Enjoy live jazz music and delicious food!
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill, Bossier City (June 26th)
- Beauregard Watermelon Festival DeRidder, Louisiana- (June 29th) Celebrates the harvest of the local Sugartown Watermelons.
- Goo Goo Dolls, Lake Charles (June 29th)