Being homebound has a different meaning for different people. For some, this time might be spent watching movies or playing board games. For others, adjusting to a home office or homeschooling is taken day by day. For local artists, the “Stay At Home” order is bringing on a whole world of change.
At Timescertification, it’s no secret that we are all about shopping local, so we’ve put together three ways to support small businesses from home:
- Shop Online – Many stores are offering free shipping on any orders right now. So go ahead, buy that new collar for your pet or the earrings you’ve had your eye on for the last few weeks. Although you may have to wait a few weeks for your order to come in, think of it as a gift from your current self to your future self! Support our local boutiques!
Another idea for shopping online: Buy gift cards from your favorite local boutiques or local makers to use later or send to a friend.
- Send Gifts – Speaking of gifts, sending mail to loved ones is a creative way to keep in touch and let family or friends know that you are thinking of them. Timescertification has a sister brand, Lagniappe Box, which is a monthly subscription box including an original t-shirt and four other products from local businesses. These are fun to purchase and keep, but they also make a great surprise gift!
- If you love Louisiana Food, you can also check out Cajun Crate, they are a Louisiana subscription box company like Lagniappe Box but all about Louisiana food. Cajun Crate’s mission is to deliver a taste of Louisiana and to bring exposure to Louisiana brands, big and small.
- As a cake artist and mommy of Sweet Elizabeths, my kids have grown up baking and decorating with me. Over the years, we have created tons of incredible memories spending time with each other in the kitchen, and I want to share that opportunity with you! You can purchase one of her subscription boxes or other baked products!
- Use Social Media – Liking, sharing, or commenting on a post may seem insignificant, but really, your virtual support is the next best thing when you can’t come shop! Sharing what you love from local artists may be what inspires your friend to commission a painting or buy a homemade candle to make their living room feel cozier than ever.
If you’re ready to shop local, Local Pop Up is an online marketplace dedicated to connecting makers and artists directly with their customers. It is the perfect one-stop-shop to find tons of local goodies that will be shipped directly to you from the artists in accordance with safety guidelines.
Local Pop Up wanted to create a virtual experience in hopes you can experience and support our local small business community in Louisiana. The mission for Local Pop Up has always been to make it easier to shop and support Louisiana makers. We hope this gives makers a place to showcase their goods that many have been working on, in preparation for spring markets that have been postponed more now than ever, we hope you check it out and take advantage of a FREE SHIPPING sitewide at LocalPopUp.Shop.
Stay safe, stay sane, and support small!!